Custom insoles offer a simple solution whether you want to reduce your risk of athletic injuries or increase your comfort when walking and standing. The staff of Cumberland Run-Walk in Somerset, KY, can help you find the perfect pair of custom, medical-grade shoe inserts for you.
When custom insoles are a good idea
Your feet are designed to support the weight of your entire body and help keep your body properly aligned. Unfortunately, even minor foot issues can throw off the alignment of your feet or bones, leading to pain. Pain doesn't just affect your feet. Alignment issues can cause pain in your ankles, knees, hips and back.
You may experience issues that affect your feet and your entire body if:
- Your arches are too high or too low.
- Your feet turn too far in or out as you walk.
- You have a gait problem.
- You have a foot condition or foot or ankle injury.
- You have a foot imbalance or foot deformity.
- Your feet aren't adequately supported when you run or play sports.
How custom insoles can help you
Custom insoles are designed to address your unique foot issues. The thin inserts fit easily into running, walking or dress shoes, providing exceptional support and comfort. As part of the insole preparation process, the staff at Cumberland Run-Walk in Somerset will ask you a few questions about your lifestyle, exercise needs, and foot and ankle conditions during your visit to the store.
Depending on your needs, they may recommend insoles that:
- Reduce Heel Pain: Custom insoles can decrease the pain of plantar fasciitis, heel spurs and Achilles tendonitis.
- Improve Foot Alignment and Enhance Arch Support: Insoles keep your feet properly aligned, preventing pain that can occur if you suffer from excessive pronation (feet turning in or out as you walk). Improving alignment and arch support can also reduce leg, hip and back pain.
- Offer Extra Cushioning: If your feet hurt at the end of the day, your shoes may not provide enough cushioning. Custom insoles pamper your feet and are ideal if your feet hurt due to age-related thinning of the fat pads under your feet. They also help you avoid foot pain no matter what your age.
- Help You Prevent Athletic Injuries: When your feet aren't properly aligned or supported, it's easy to turn an ankle or tear a tendon when you're active. Custom support your arches, evenly balance the weight of your feet, absorb shock and prevent excessive foot motion.
Would you like to improve your comfort with custom insoles? Visit Cumberland Run-Walk in Somerset, KY, or call (606) 679-2773.