Posts for: July, 2018
Do your feet hurt you after a long strenuous day at work? Do you suffer from cramps and foot-related disorders? Well, in all comes down to one questions: Does the shoe fit?
Cumberland Run-Walk in Somerset, KY, know the quality and fit of your shoe plays a huge role in creating, or exacerbating, foot conditions, which is why they have a shoe store.
What do you need to know about shoes?
There are five key points to know about shoes:
- The toe box, whether rounded, pointed, or squared, should provide ample space for toes.
- The vamp, the upper middle part of a shoe, has velcro instead of laces, sometimes.
- The higher the heel, the more pressure exerted on the front of the foot.
- The part of the shoe that curves slightly near the arch helps differentiate the right shoe from the left.
- The softer the sole, the more shock absorption.
Your Somerset pedorthist advises you wear shoes that have a durable construction that'll provide feet with protection and comfort. If the shoes don't fit appropriately, this may cause:
- Other disabling foot disorders
What do you need to know during you're shoe shopping at a specialized shoe store?
When shopping, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Don't force feet into shoes.
- People have a foot larger than the other, so fit your new shoe according to your larger foot.
- Limit heel height to two inches, or less to protect feet.
- Judge a shoe by how it fits because sizes vary with shoe brands and styles.
- Try on both shoes to make sure your feet are comfortable.
- Make sure you can wiggle your toes freely when wearing shoes.
- Foot size increases as you age, so remeasure feet every time you fit shoes.
- Don't buy tight shoes. You don't need to break into shoes.
For more information, call Cumberland Run-Walk in Somerset, KY, at (606) 679-2773.