Choosing the right shoes is difficult for some. Your Somerset, KY, podiatrist is here to help you in making that decision.
Shoes to Wear While Running
Are you a runner? If so, your running gear is of the utmost importance. Purchasing the proper footwear can help avoid serious problems such as, plantar fasciitis and shin splints. Running shoes need to be comfortable and accommodate the shape of your arches.
If you wear shoes that are too big and your toes aren't in the toe box area, you may hurt yourself. Make sure your heel remains snug to prevent slipping.
Clothes to Wear
In warm weather, wear moisture-wicking clothes like shorts, shirts and socks. It's necessary to keep cool, reduce the chances of chaffing and remove sweat.
In cooler weather, wear long pants, tights and insulated clothing such as vests or jackets, and don't forget your gloves and hats.
How Else to Choose Proper Footwear
There are several other points to take into consideration when choosing shoes.
- Consider the activity. Wear sports-specific shoes as talked about above.
- Get fitted. Your Somerset doctor can help you get the proper shoes you need based on the activities you need them for.
- Buy a shoe that fits. Shoe and clothes sizes vary from place to place, so choose the one that's best for you.
- You need proper support. While high heels and backless shoes may be pretty, they won't always give you the support you need.
- Replace your shoes. You should replace you shoes on a yearly basis.
If you don't choose proper footwear, you may seriously hurt yourself. If you want your shoes fitted, visit your Cumberland Run Walk podiatrist to customize your shoes. The on-site pediatrist will examine your feet and movement to find the best fit for you.
For more information about choosing the best running apparel and customizing your shoes, contact Cumberland Run-Walk in Somerset, KY, at 606-678-9864.